Friday, November 27, 2009

Post #100

When I started this blog ever-so-long-ago, I had no idea what I was doing...and I'm still not very sure about it. I know I've truly enjoyed sharing our family with so many friends out there in cyber-land as well as long-distance relatives. It's been a great experience to be able to connect with my other blogging cousins!

I can't believe I've actually managed to have 100 posts, although in 2+ years, that's probably not many at all, huh?! Oh well, allow me to delude myself into believing it's the quality and not the quantity that counts!

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and I would be remiss if I didn't mention a few things that I am most thankful for. I am the luckiest girl alive to be able to parent Odin. It still takes my breath away sometimes when I think of our journey to him...and how easily he could be with some other family right now and not ours. I know in my heart that he was always meant to be our son and we were always meant to be his parents...it is exactly the way God planned it. I am also so thankful for Craig, the best husband in the world and so much more wonderful than I have ever deserved. I am thankful for my parents and for their presence in my life every day. I don't know what I would do without them and now that we've lived so close for so long, I don't believe I'll ever let them live farther than 2 minutes away again! I am thankful for my extended family...my niece, my aunts, uncles, cousins, and 2nd and 3rd cousins; many of whom are not just family, but true friends to me. And speaking of friends, I am so thankful for them, too. Although I don't talk to my friends or see them nearly as much as I'd like to, they are always in my thoughts and never far from my heart. I am so blessed to have friends who I know care about me and love me, flaws and all.

Thank you, Lord, for these and all my blessings.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Awww . . . we are thankful for you, too, Mel. Happy Holidays!