
Q. What is your name?
A. Ohhhhh
Q. What does the cow say?
A. Boooo
Q. What does the sheep say?
A. Baaa
Q. What does the chicken say?
A. Bok Bok Bok
Q. What does the duck say?
A. Kak Kak
We are also working diligently on the puppy (he will sometimes say "oof" but he's not consistent enough for me to think he's really got it yet) and the kitty.
He knows where his eyes, nose, ears, mouth and teeth are, as well as his toes.
He's pretty much grasped the concept of "all done" and will wave his hand in an umpire's "He's SAFE!" motion to indicate such.
His walking has really gotten steady the last few weeks and his "baby bowleggedness" is almost gone. (Yes, that makes me sad...seriously, the bow-legs are SO CUTE!)
When he wakes in the morning, it is like his father: Open Eyes...Open Mouth. From the moment he wakes, he is asking for Daddy and Puppy (not always in that order...).
He is fascinated with all things having buttons. This includes the TV remote, cell phones, calculators, computer mice - you name it.
The way he play-talks on the phone never ceases to crack me up. He'll put the phone (or calculator, he's not picky) up to his ear and say, very earnestly, "Heee-woh?" Just this week, I caught him holding "his" cell phone up to the dog's ear and saying over and over again, "Heee-woh?" "Heee-woh?" It makes me smile just remembering...he's SO FUNNY!!!!
If I had a dollar for every time in a day that I heard, "See?" out of this boy...well, I'd be rolling in the dough, people! He uses "See?" in a variety of ways; to show me something cool, like a bird or an airplane in the sky, or to ask me what something is that he's seeing for the first time, or just to make sure I'm paying attention.
Something he does that proves C. and I must be the most polite people in the world, is that he asks for things by reaching for them and saying, "Thank you." So I hear this phrase all day long, too. But it's pretty hard to turn down a baby reaching for (name an item here) and pleading "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" (And in case you're wondering, when he says it, it sounds more like "Dank chew! Dank chew!")
More evidence of our inherent politeness: Odin's learned to say, "Bless you" and "Excuse you" and he knows when each one is appropriate. He doesn't bless HIMSELF when he sneezes, but whenever he burps he will say, "'Stuse you." It's adorable, take my word for it.
Also worth mentioning: The way Odin says "Kay" when he's in agreement. He always says "Kay" to diaper changes and baths. He also has a really cute way of saying "hot" - it is very breathy and sounds like "hat."
Of course there's more, I mean I could brag on my son all night ya know! But I just wanted to take a moment tonight, just a couple days past Odin's 16-month birthday to note what he's doing and what he's saying at this time. My memory isn't what it should be and God forbid that I should ever forget how magical this time is for us. Every day is a new adventure and new words and new expressions. Every day is truly pure joy.
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Conversation Repeatedly Heard At Our House These Days...
Posted by
Mel
at
10:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I LOVE ODIN! I'm so glad that I got to meet him and experience his precious-ness for myself! I'm glad you guys are doing so well :)
Awwwww that's all sooo sweet! What a cutie, even if I have to take you at your word.
That boy of yours is something else! It sounds like he's growing and learning like a champ. Good job with the parenting, too!
WOW Mel. And when did you have time to write all of this??? He is growing so fast and I haven't even got to hold him yet!!
can't wait to see you
Bren
Oh Mel, he's just adorable! So glad to see that Odin is right at home, as he should be :-)
We miss you!
You will be so happy you took time to record all this. He sounds so adorable. He sounds so much like Trevor with the button obsession. Trev's favorite thing to play with for like 2 years were phones!!!
My kids are soooooo excited for G-burg!!
Post a Comment