Wednesday, August 27, 2008

This-N-That; Catching Up


Wow - it's been too long, huh? Sorry about that...we've been pretty busy around here and I just haven't had the time to post much.

We're enjoying the summer, of course! Odin's been to the pool in our neighborhood quite a bit and has a gorgeous tan to prove it! We have several close playgrounds and we visit them regularly as well. Odin LOVES the slides especially! Last weekend we took a walk around the lake at one of the parks and we saw lots of geese (which Odin calls "kak-kaks" - but that's close enough!)

A few days ago we celebrated Odin's "half-birthday" as he turned 18 months old. Geez, where has the time gone? I can't believe my baby is now headed toward being 2. In a lot of ways it seems we just got home yesterday...how can he be growing so fast? Of course, it also seems like he's always been here...funny thing about adoption.

Speaking of "how long he's been here," I'm embarrassed to say that I JUST TODAY finally got my stuff together and made the trek down the the local Clerk of Court to file for re-adoption. This is a procedure that we have to do based on the kind of Visa that Odin came to the US on. Anyway...the re-adoption basically allows us to get his US birth certificate and SS card and a passport, etc. Honestly, I should have done this months ago but with all the pre-adoption paperwork we did, I was so burned out on paperwork. But in comparison, the re-adoption stuff was a breeze. Now we just wait on the courts to do their thing.

We've adjusted Odin's bedtime, moving it back some, which I've been wanting to do for a while now. It has definitely helped and I think he sleeps much better now. We even had about 5 nights in a row when he slept all night, although the past 2 nights he has wakened. I still think we're on the right track, though. He's also only napping once a day, and I'm not having to hold him for his naps, so we're definitely making progress there.

We leave in two days to go to KY. for a family reunion. It should be a lot of fun and I can't wait for everyone to meet Odin! It is about a 7 hour drive, though, and I'm NOT looking forward to that!

1 comment:

sardonic sister said...

He looks like he's grown so much!! As always, though, he is such a cutie!

I'm so glad you'll be here for the Fish Fry!