
Six months ago today the amazing women of SLC placed a baby boy in our arms and changed our lives forever.
It is a day that I will truly never forget. Remembering it now brings butterflies to my stomach and tears to my eyes. I think of those women at SLC daily - I have pictures of some of them on our fridge - and I thank God for them. They are the most amazing women (and one man I think!) to do what they do. It was truly an honor and a blessing that Odin lived his first 12 months in St. Lucy's.
I also think daily of Odin's birthmother. She made such a selfless choice - and in doing so, she made all the difference for Odin and for Craig and I. I wish there were a way for us to communicate with her - to show her his pictures and tell her how much he's talking and how he smiles with his whole face and laughs and laughs and laughs. I'd like to tell her how he waves and says, "Hey!" to pretty much everybody in the grocery store. (And how if they don't answer, he just keeps repeating it!) I hope that somehow she knows that he is completely loved and utterly adored. I hope that she knows he is hugged and kissed many times, every day. He is sung to and read to and his boo-boos always get kissed. He loves to eat and take a bath and be outside. He loves keys, cellphones, and remote controls. The only things he really doesn't like are haircuts and milk. I just wish I could share these things with her.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Then And Now
Posted by
Mel
at
8:29 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy 6 month anniversary to all of you! Great post. He is adorable! We just hit 7 months - time does fly!
Lori & Odin's former roommate Samantha!
Congratulations on the big 1/2 year anniversary! Can you believe it has been that long? It sounds like Odin is really doing great. Please give him a big hug from his buddy, William.
Post a Comment