At least I *think* that's what he's saying. I hear that phrase at least 60 times a day. It basically covers a variety of situations whereby a fully verbal human might say something like, "I would like that, please" or "I can do that myself, thank you very much" or "Could you hand me that extremely breakable object that is just out of my reach?"
I didn't think it was possible, but he's actually talking more and more. I guess I have to partially blame myself for this since I do tend to talk a lot also. He's constantly asking, "What's that?" even when he's already been told like 7 zillion times that "that" is a bucket. Or a store. Or a chinchilla.
Odin has actually been able to spell his name for quite some time now. Granted, it's only 4 letters, but I still think that's pretty darn good for someone who hasn't yet celebrated Birthday #2. (He can also recognize an "O" when he sees it.)
He can count. Sort of. If I get him started with "One" he can quickly follow with "two" and "three" but then magically skips ahead to "six" and "nine" and "ten." Not perfect, but again, pretty good for just a little tot, don't you think?
He's mastered the Sunday football ritual and really enjoys watching the games with Daddy. He will raise his arms and say, "Woo hoo!" at touchdowns and he'll also bellow out a "Run, run run!!!" when appropriate.
He likes to color and is pretty decent recognizing red, blue, green and yellow.
He now knows Santa on sight and thinks it's a hoot that we've hung "socks" up on the mantle.
We have a potty chair and although I don't consider us officially "training" yet, he likes to sit on it and listen to the funny songs and he's becoming more aware of bodily functions. (Sorry if TMI)
His fascination with keys, phones and computers continues.
He's developed a fondness for swiffering which I hope continues into his teenage years. That coupled with his love for taking out the trash and carrying laundry are going to serve him very well when he's 14.
He is still a total monkey when it comes to climbing, as evidenced by the fact that as I write this I am standing at my dining room table. All 6 chairs are GONE for now, placed in that no-man's-land and collect-all room in our house known as "the gameroom." I realize I should be the "perfect mom" and have infinite patience and simply correct and re-direct my son as he climbs up into my dining-room chairs and then stands and then tries to lay on the table. A better person than I may be able to play that game for 14-hours a day, but after several weeks of it, I'm guessing even the most patient person would finally give up and do as I did. The chairs are gone (for now) and we haven't had that particular battle in weeks. So sue me, maybe I took the easy way out...but it's working for me, Dr. Phil, it really is!
Odin continues to have the best sense of humor! He is constantly cracking me up. It's so funny the little things he picks up on and can repeat back or mimick in a funny way.
He remains completely disinterested in TV. I'm fine with that, I certainly have no plans to indoctrinate him into my own television addiction. But I'm surprised by his lack of interest in shows like Blues Clues, Dora, Little Einsteins, Sesame Street, etc. He has some favorite commercials, but doesn't give a hoot about actual shows.
I apologize for the hodge-podge of information here. I realize this wasn't exactly a regular post and I just sort of spit stuff out at you. To be honest that's about all I have time for these days. I haven't been able to keep up with the blogs I usually read, either. Where does the time go? At any rate, I hope you got a kick out of this tiny snippet of what our Little Man is up to these days.
Monday, December 8, 2008
"I Reach It!"
Posted by
Mel
at
10:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love the update! It is always so fun to hear and see how your little man is growing.
And as for the "perfect mom" stuff - you are being the perfect mom for Odin. Every kid is different, and you know him best!
Happy holidays to all of you!
What a smart little guy! I'm so proud of Odin and I'm not even his mother! It sounds like he's doing really great. And it also sounds like you're doing a fabulous job with the parenting.
I love to hear about the adventures of Odin! He is so cute. Sounds like he even understands football better than I do, maybe he can teach me someday if I come to sleep on the pool table!
awwww. Odin is too cute! your posts are always so fun to read. glad to see you all are doing well. :) love ya!
Of course he is a genious. As evidenced by the fact that at less than 2 years old he understands football better than this 27 year old.
Love and miss you all!
Post a Comment