Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween In G-Burg

We had an amazing weekend in Gatlinburg! By my count we had 32 adults and 7 kids in attendance. We spent 3 nights in a large cabin/chalet which had about 10 bedrooms, a large theatre room and a really cool game room.

Highlights of the weekend include: playing poker (yes, for $$, my family doesn't goof around!), playing Wii, putting together a 1000-piece puzzle, eating entirely too much food (Many thanks to the excellent cooks in our family! Special shout-out to Camille for her carmelitas - woot woot!!), putting together graham-cracker spooky houses (see pics), talking and laughing into the wee hours of the morning, playing pool, air hockey, and various video games, dressing up in costumes for Halloween, and participating in a very competitive scavenger hunt. These are just a few of the things that kept us occupied last weekend. We had such a BLAST and I cannot wait to do it all over again!

To all the relatives who read here: I miss you already!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for coming and cooking and spending the weekend with us! It was honestly the most fun we've had in a very long time! I'll say it again: My family ROCKS!!

Here's a few pics from our crazy weeeknd:




6 comments:

Lindsi said...

I am so not happy to be home, I wanna come back! Love the pictures!!!

Brooke said...

You got some GREAT pics! Miss you guys already!

sardonic sister said...

great great great weekend! can't wait until 2010! tickle little Odin for me! :)

Camille said...

Yeah that you loved the carmelitas! I miss you guys. Give Odin a squeeze for me.

Keep that pool table warm...

Love you!

Chuck said...

Great pics Mel! Thanks for everything!. I am not so sure about Dwayne in charge for 2010!
:-) Love ya
Bren

dwayne said...

great pics and great time.
we had the best time ever.
playing with bill, tom, tommy,
and chuck was so much fun.
miss you all