Our pumpkin "patch" is actually just an empty corner lot just up the street where one of these days a church will be built. Last year Odin was 1 yr. 8 mos. old when we bought our pumpkins for Halloween. He could barely say "pumpkin" but he tried valiantly. Ever since then, anytime we drive by that lot - which we do at least 5 days a week - Odin would get all excited and say, "Bunkah" and look for the pumpkins. He has done this for ONE YEAR STRAIGHT. EVERY SINGLE TIME WE GO BY THERE. And I have spent entirely too much of my valuable breath explaining to him just WHY there aren't anymore pumpkins. Fast forward to last week...The Return of The Pumpkins...dun dun dun! You would think the entire Host of Heaven had come down and spoken directly to Odin, "You've been such a good boy....here are your pumpkins back!"
We purchased one large, two medium and one Odin-sized pumpkin for exactly $27. The joy, the joy! So far I've talked Craig into carving one...and I'm working on getting him to do one more. And I'm sure he will....as soon as he forgets how much "fun" he had with the first one.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Pumpkin, Pumpkin...Who's Got The Pumpkin?
Posted by
Mel
at
2:11 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment