Saturday, July 7, 2007

Much Needed R&R

We returned today from our week-long vacation on Hilton Head Island. Can I just say, "Ahhhh"? We rode bikes, did the beach, had massages(!), ate ice cream, played games, C golfed, and most importantly, I actually relaxed. Mostly. Well, I tried to. I really, really tried to.

Aside from wondering every single day if it was going to be "The Day" of our Big Call, I did relax.

We did get an update email last week. Nothing major, just another note that it *should* be 1 to 3 months until we get our referral. So, yeah, the same update we got on 5/19/07. And yep, this is now what, 6 weeks LATER than that? So can I assume now that we're at least on the "1" side of that "1 to 3" month range? Well, I *would* assume that, but assumptions are utterly useless in adoption, so uh, NO, I won't be assuming that.

So I spent most of the day doing laundry. I washed EVERYTHING. I mean, I did laundry from about 2:30 until....well what time is it? The final load is in the dryer as I type. So that's a good 10 hours of laundry. But doing it today opens up tomorrow for some serious down-time and do-nothingness.

Last Sat. before we left for vacation, we attended a picnic at a local park for families who have adopted or are in the process of adopting from Taiwan. FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!! What an amazing group of people that was! We were so happy to meet people in all stages of the journey - some had been home with their children for years, others - like us - were waiting for referral, still others had their referral but could not yet travel. There was a couple who had just travelled 2 months ago and their experience was really good to hear. I'm already looking forward to doing that again, it was a GREAT day!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi! I enjoy your ramblings and rumblings. :)

R... said...

Hope your wait is short!