Wednesday, April 30, 2008

More To Say On That Subject...

Odin's vocabulary now also includes the following (in no particular order...I swear he's learning at least a word a day and I can't keep up anymore):

Mooooo (He will say this in answer to the question, "What does the cow say?" but it comes out of his mouth sounding more like "boooo" sometimes.)

Uh-oh! (The inflection on this is so cute...his voice goes up like 3 octaves for the first syllable.)

No! (How'd it take him so long to get that one...we say it all the time!)

Diaper (He's only said this a couple of times but he CAN say it!)

Bye-bye!

Juice

Purple, blue, pie (I cannot personally vouch for these...he was at my in-laws with C. and they SWEAR he was saying these words for them.)

Shoes

Three!! (When we play we do this counting like "one, two, three!" and on "three!" we tickle him or throw him over our shoulder or swing him around or whatever so he started saying the "three!" part with us...so funny!)

Ping-Pong (I've only really heard this a couple of times but he did say it. This is our dog's name if you think it's odd that he'd acquire this particular word.)

Speaking of the dog, Odin's also started talking a LOT to P.P. He sometimes babbles nonsensically while pointing at the poor mutt and sometimes he'll just stand across the room yelling, "Ba! Ba! Ba!" over and over and over while shaking his hand at the dog. I'm not sure what that's all about but I think it has something to do with the way C. and I fuss at P.P. to get out of the kitchen while we're eating.

Sorry...still no pics. My camera is absolutely chock full of adorable photos and as soon as C. has a free minute (which should be SOON because his exam is tomorrow and after that there's no school for a month!) I'll make him download them.

2 comments:

sardonic sister said...

sounds like you are having a lot of fun with little Odin! what a smart little guy!!! :) and also, what a wonderful mama you are!!! :)

sardonic sister said...

OMG YOUR PICS ARE ADORABLE!!!! i love the one of him getting his hair cut. he looks afraid that they might snip his ear. so cute. he looks so expressive and fun. can't wait to meet him!