...we walked into St. Lucy's Center in Tainan, Taiwan as a couple and we left as a family. What an amazing day! I will never forget the feeling of holding Odin for the first time...taking him in my arms and praying silently, "Thank you, God" over and over again. I have never felt so humbled and blessed by God. That He has entrusted this babe to us is a wonder and an awesome responsibility. We are not worthy...but we will do everything in our power to live up to what God expects of us.
Odin's Dr. visit went well. He is now 23.5 lbs. and 31.5" tall. His weight is pretty much dead average but he's in the 90th percentile for height. We may have to switch that NFL career to NBA, so stay tuned! They drew a good bit of blood, to test for all their stuff (diseases and iron levels and that kind of thing...) but also to test immunization levels so that we won't have to start his all over again. Hopefully Odin will "exempt out" of having to start immunizations at the beginning like a newborn. The drawing of the blood was HORRIBLE, though. They started on the left arm but blew a vein and had to stop and go to the right arm, with Odin screaming and crying the whole time. About 10 seconds in, I started crying, too. And not just a tear or two, I mean I was crying! It was so bad the nurses kept asking me, "Mom, are you alright?" Oh, it was heartbreaking! He's certainly cried since we brought him home, but nothing like that before. That was a "Oh my gosh, Mommy, they're trying to kill me and you need to save me!!!" cry...it was AWFUL to see those tears and the terror in his eyes...oh, man I never want to do that again! This Mom thing is TOUGH! And to add insult to injury, they sent me home with a nice little "Poop Collection Kit" so I can sift my way thru a few of Odin's BM's. Yep, the fun never ends!
We truly are grateful for our little boy's good health! After everything C. and I have been through health-wise, good health is not something we'll ever take for granted and we are very thankful to God that he's blessed us with this healthy little boy. As I say, we're not worthy.
I can't believe it's been a month already - but it also feels as if it's been forever, like he's always been here. What did we do before we had Odin? I'm already forgetting those days...these are just so much better!!
Thursday, April 3, 2008
One Month Ago...
Posted by
Mel
at
11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So glad to know that Odin's growing well.
Congrats on a beautiful first month together. Here's to many more.
i cannot WAIT to meet him! congrats on your wonderful, beautiful, happy family!!!!
Whatever. You are totally worthy. And PS you've been tagged on my blog.
Post a Comment