A few weeks ago we went to the local Dragon Boat Races. We had a lot of fun, although I was disappointed in the food. I really thought that this major Asian festival would have some really yummy food - but, no. It was still a lot of fun and we got to meet up with two adoptive families who we have met before. We also got to see some very interesting dancing and Odin couldn't take his eyes off of our local "Miss China."
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Dragon Boat Races
Posted by
Mel
at
9:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Odin is as adorable as always. Glad to see an update!
I meant to e-mail you last week in response to your blog comment about these kids observing traffic. We passed the Fayette County Public schools bus garage a few days later. Drew lost.his.mind.
Can't wait to see you all!
very nice update. the dragon boat races look neat too. we really enjoyed seeing you guys memorial weekend.see you next month
Hooray for updates! You guys look like you are having so much fun. Happy belated bday, Odin, and happy belated family day to you all!
can't wait to see you guys next month! i was sad i couldn't come during memorial day...but, my studying paid off...I PASSED MY TEST! :) love you guys!
We went to the Chicago Dragon Boat Races last year and were also very surprised by the lack of food from vendors. There were kids from Chinese schools performing and tents for information on businesses and local groups, but no food. But... the event was in Chinatown and all sorts of Chinese restaurants were just a brief walk away... but I would think that food vendors could do really well at a Dragon Boat Race.
Post a Comment