Well the trip to KY came and went and still NO REFERRAL. Heck, still NO UPDATE! I am trying my darnedest to be patient here, I really am......but this is nuts. We aren't getting monthly updates, people, they're RANDOM updates!! So why don't they just send an email to all the waiting families saying, "We will update you on a somewhat random schedule, possibly when the moon is full on a Tuesday in Nairobi and the East River flows with fresh water, or when the people on Wheel of Fortune stop spending money on unnecessary vowels, when chocolate suddenly starts causing weight-loss and Levi finally makes a jean for chubby girls."
*Sigh* OK, I'll take a deep cleansing breath and maybe spend a few moments in Downward Dog (Dawg here in the South!) and I'll drink myself a little chai tea and meditate on the beauty of life for a few minutes and all will be right with the world again. (Yeah....my poor husband wishes that would happen.)
Speaking of husbands, what is it about MEN that they seem so calm all the time? Why can't they get a little upset, just once, and yell at the computer screen when the "0" pops into the email square? Do they always have to be the "voice of reason" and tell you "everything will be fine" and "it'll all work out" and "it'll happen when it's supposed to happen" and blabbity blah blah blah. Just once I'd like to see him yell at the computer when it doesn't produce the coveted email. I mean, it's probably just like the dog.....it needs that deep voice to show it you're serious!
Thursday, August 23, 2007
So Much For THAT!
Posted by
Mel
at
10:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Here, here! I second that post!
Have you tried calling to get an update since you haven't heard anything? If not, you're MUCH more patient than I am. Hope you hear something, anything soon!
Rebecca
Waiting for approval from Chung Yi
www.youbelong.net/thehendersons
Mel, my heart hurts for you! I am not a patient person either, and my husband is just like yours. I sometimes wish he would just ACT stressed or annoyed to make me feel better! Miss you!
Post a Comment