Now TPTB are saying we'll have individual updates by Sept. 7th. Ohhhhh-Kay. This is definitely a case of "believe it when I see it." I've left two (2) VM's at the agency and sent an email and the only reply I got back was via email, "Updates are on the way, please be patient." I thought I was being patient...last update was July 2nd. Sheesh! Patience and I have just never been very good friends. =0
I did get some encouraging news (second-hand) this week. It basically just reiterates to me that we *should* be pretty much next in line for a healthy infant boy. But the thing is, there are variables to this and for whatever reason, there's a chance we won't get our referral in Sept. The orphanage could think that another family further down the list would be a better fit for a certain child, or maybe the only referrals coming in are over our specified age preference...so I'm still not getting my hopes up too much.
The Man, The Dog and I are heading off this afternoon for a little R&R. We're spending the night at the lake with our best friends (N&D) and their 2 yr. old son (R). Tomorrow is D's b-day!! We are going to hang out on the boat, go tubing, skiing (NOT ME!!), jet-skiing....all the fun water-sporty things. This will be the first time this summer that we've been able to make it to the lake, despite several other invitations from them. My PT job has been keeping me so busy lately that it's been almost impossible to get away on Saturdays. Anywho....hope ya'll have a great LONG Labor Day weekend and can enjoy some family fun time!
Saturday, September 1, 2007
No News is No News......
Posted by
Mel
at
1:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Patience and I really don't see eye to eye, either;). I am praying you hear something tomorrow! Hope your weekend was as relaxing as can be!
Post a Comment