Monday, March 10, 2008

What You Really Want

Everything is WONDERFUL!!!

Odin is amazing...truly the best baby ever. There is no doubt in my mind that he is our child and he was meant for our family. He has the cutest, sweetest personality and is the light of our lives already. He is such a love and likes to hug and snuggle.

We've been home for only 3 days and we're still trying to recover from the jet-lag and get Odin on a regular schedule. This may take awhile so we're just rolling with the tide and taking it one day at a time. The last 2 nights we've been up from about 3 am to 5 am playing and laughing with a completely wide awake 1-year old. Life is so, so good!!

When he's awake (and asleep generally) he needs to be with us. He doesn't like for me to be out of his sight and when we go to lay him in his crib he usually wakes and shrieks and cries and I can't stand it, I have to pick him up. I will not have my boy feeling all alone...so when he needs to be held, I AM HOLDING HIM! And don't anybody try and preach CIO to me....you do NOT want to have that conversation with me. It's just been difficult to even look at our pictures much less get them posted anywhere and answer emails. For those of you who have been anxiously awaiting some pics, I apologize...but I've recently discovered how difficult it is to pee with only one free hand, much less wash a bottle, do a load of laundry or heaven forbid, post on the computer. On the bright side; I think that by this time next year I'll be ready to enter the Mrs. Body Builder America Contest because my biceps are gonna ROCK.

So, without further ado, here are some pics to tide you over until I get another chance at the computer. It may not be until Odin goes to kindergarten, so my advice is don't hold your breath. =0 Just kidding. Mostly.


About 20 minutes after our introduction. Either the excitement is just too much or we bore him already.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Showing his goofy side on the High Speed Rail ride from Tainan to Taipei.

Photobucket

Having a drink at the end of a long 1st day.

Photobucket

More goof after his bath. I told you he belongs with us!

Photobucket

Hanging with Daddy in the hotel.

Photobucket

15 comments:

sardonic sister said...

OMG!!!! you have no idea HOW LONG i have been waiting for this post! i've been a little bit of a stalker...i've checked your blog 5-7 times a day for the last week or so. but, i understand Mama Mel... :)

i'm so glad that Odin is FINALLY here in the U.S.!!! and how sweet that he can't sleep without you! i am so so soooooo sooooo happy for you and C, and Odin is one lucky little boy to have such great parents!! also, Grandaddy had me show him how to open pics that your mom sent him, so i got to see some previews!!!

also what is cio??

Mel said...

Liz, CIO is Cry It Out. Basically, just let 'em squall until they get so tired and frustrated that no one comes and they eventually just cry themselves to sleep.

Sarah said...

YAY! You guys are all just simply adorable together. :) Now we can go on about our lives for a little while without having to check your blog a dozen times a day looking the big post! Just kidding... a little.

Camille said...

Mel--you go and hold that little man as much as you/he needs. You guys have to catch up anyway.
I love this post! I have also been an OCD blog checker lately. Congrats, and thanks for the updates. You all look truly happy.

Anonymous said...

You guys look great together. . .that photo of Odin asleep on your shoulder is precious. It looks like he has settled right in. Hold him, love him, cuddle him. . .he needs to feel secure right now with you guys. Enjoy this time with him. . .you'll get back to a "normal" routine before too long. Thanks for the update. I am so happy to hear things are going well.

Cindy
http://adopttaiwan.wordpress.com

JackieMacD said...

SO worth the wait!!! Those who say CIO should take a FL (flying leap) -Just playing. But I, too, have been stalking your blog and I'm SO happy to see pics and your beautiful family. You're a glowing MAMA!

xo
-J
taiwanlucy.blogspot.com

Brooke said...

I have chills!!!! Really I do! And don't worry, I haven't ever been that good at CIO either. SO MANY CONGRATS!!!!!!! He's adorable!

Finding Our Song said...

I'm so glad Odin is finally HOME! Your family is together and I'm so happy for you! Email me when you get settled in, we can't wait to meet him!

sardonic sister said...

isn't that what mamas are for...so babies don't have to CIO? i know i'm not a mom, but man...i think CIO sounds a little mean.

KatieM said...

OMG, this post seriously makes me cry. He does look like your baby....it was just meant to be! O love how he is holding onto C's shirt in the first one....too sweet for words! Oh, and you definitely get the right to hold him as much as you want....hold him, squeeze him, kiss him, hug him, love him....and I know you will =)

And seriously, you post this the ONE day I haven't checked your blog since last Sunday =P

Our Family said...

Mel,

So great to see and hear about your meeting and first days with Odin. You all look fabulous together and I hope the time adjustment goes smoothly and quickly. I am so happy for you that things are going so well!

Lori

The family of six said...

Welcome home! He is just darling! You must be so happy to be home with him!!!!

Judy said...

Odin has grown so much since last November!!! so happy for you guys!
Welcome home!

Our Family said...

Mel,

I forgot to mention the chicken feet - my huqsband's favorite!! When we go for Dim Sum he can only order them if he keeps them hidden from Sierra!! You should have tried them I bet they were yummy - NOT!

Kathy said...

So glad to see you all together. He is simply a doll. I say sleep with him, too. You've got a lot of catching up to do :). We have that Chick Magnet bib as well, and it's a fan favorite... we like it because it's so big, and covers a lot of potential spit-up surface area. Congrats to you all... you have a beautiful family!
Kathy