Saturday, October 25, 2008

Arbotch

Odin is at that incredibly amazing age where he learns at a pace that even the fastest cheetah can't keep up with. Every day he says new words and connects new things and I swear you can actually SEE his little mind working behind those gorgeous dark eyes.

One thing Odin does is TALK. Constantly. Open eyes...open mouth. (There's a post somewhere about my husband being the exact same way, but I digress...) Odin LOVES to go through his list of family members and name them - over and over again. This started a long time ago when he was first learning to talk. In the mornings when he would wake up, he'd start his day by looking at me earnestly and asking, "Daddy? Puppy?" Because when you start your day, it's important to know where Daddy and the Puppy are. He did (still does...) this every single day. It has now progressed to Odin asking about Daddy, Puppy, Nana, Papaw, Grandma, Brittany and Arbotch.

I know who all these people are...except Arbotch. I cannot for the LIFE of me figure this out. Obviously Odin's verbal skills are not perfect - but they're pretty good for a 20-month old in my opinion. Sure, his "Grandma" sounds more like "Mammaw" and "Brittany" sounds like "Mittney" but it's obvious what he means. Except who the Holy Heck is Arbotch?

It reminds me of the way he says "hairbrush" but when I ask him to say that, it isn't Arbotch. And why on earth would he name a hairbrush when he's naming his family members? I mean, really? Then I thought maybe he was saying "mailbox" because my Dad loves to take Odin to the mailbox when he's there but it's not that either. And he always names Arbotch after Nana and Papaw - that's why I think it has something to do with their house. I've racked my brain over pictures in their living room and the toys they have for him to play with...I cannot figure out who or what Arbotch is.

Until I do...when Odin asks about Arbotch during our usual morning snuggle, I'll continue to nod and say, "Yes, Arbotch is fine, right where you left him..."

5 comments:

Brooke said...

How stinkin' cute is that!? I can't wait to hear what it is when you finally figure it out! See you soon!!!!!!

The Family K. said...

Awww... way to go Odin with all your new words!

Arbotch? Do tell once you finally figure it out.

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Awww he sounds so cute! It must be so sweet to hear him say mama and daddy and all those sweet words! I can't wait to hear what arbotch means!!! :)

blessings,
Tami
Noahs' mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

sardonic sister said...

awww. thanks for making me laugh on a gloomy monday afternoon. maybe Arbotch is his imaginary playmate? lol...

Camille said...

I totally remember when Trevor started using the word 'actually' but it sounded like ack-alley and it took them several days to figure out what he was trying to say.

What a fun age! See you in 2 days!!!