Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just For Judy K. (I've Been Tagged)

I'm the first to admit that I stink at these "tag" games. As a matter of fact, I think I still owe Cousin Camille a post from a verrrrry looooong time ago when she tagged me. And I'll go ahead and say that I don't plan to tag anyone else, other than to say if you are reading this and you want to participate, knock yourself out!

But because I have a great deal of respect and admiration for Judy K. and because she asked (tagged) me, I am going to go ahead and list what I'm supposed to list here. Maybe you'll learn something about me, I guess that's really the point, right? Maybe you'll learn you don't like me very much, but I hope not!

So here are 7 Random Facts About Mel:

1. I have lost way too many friends and family members to death at an early age. I mean waaaaaay tooooooo many.

2. I never know what to say when people ask what kind of music I listen to. I like everything from The Eagles, The Steve Miller Band, John Mellencamp, Tom Petty and Heart to Nelly (the rapper, not Furtado!), Kid Rock and Eminem. Yeah, really. I'm also a HUGE fan of the new INXS stuff.

3. I never graduated from college, although I did attend for a couple of years. I would love to have the degree I'm missing but would NOT go back to school now. The thought of sitting in a classroom again - (((SHUDDER))). But I should add that I have the greatest respect for people who do go back to school later in life, especially my amazing and smart husband who is currently a Mechanical Engineering Major. Yeah, he rocks!

4. I think the best snack ever is warm from the oven brownies (NO nuts!) covered in vanilla ice cream. Oh, that's HEAVEN!!

5. I cry at good (sad) TV and books. If it's REALLY good, I cry a lot.

6. When I was a baby I used to put my toes in my mouth and bite my toenails. (Yuck, I know!) Odin actually does this sometimes and I think to myself, "He got that from me." (I know he's adopted, but sometimes I forget.)

7. I'm a little OCD. I'm a little bit of a control freak, too. (OK, OK, maybe a lot control freak.)

2 comments:

William's Family said...

Mmm... warm brownies and vanilla ice cream is sounding really, really good right now.

Thanks for playing along. Please give Odin a big hug and kiss from us!

Chuck said...

Man we are a lot alike! Except for the toenail thing, that's NASTY!!! We have the same thought's about Reed too so you're not alone:)