As assigned by Cousin Camille, here's my CRAZY 8's.
8 things I am passionate about
God
My husband
My dog
My family
My friends
Reading
Animals
Music
8 things I want to do before I die
Raise my child/ren
See my child/ren graduate from college
See my grandkids graduate from high school
Write at least one children's book
Win the lottery
Travel, travel, travel
Read The Stand (Stephen King)
Tandem jump from a plane
8 things I say often
Hey, Punkin!
I love you
Puppy!
This is Melonie
Bless you
That is so cool!
Oh, puh-leaze
Are you serious?
8 books I have read recently
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (J.K. Rowling)
Lisey's Story (Stephen King)
Raising Adopted Children (Lois Ruskai Melina)
What Not to Name Your Baby (Linda J. Beam)
Next (Michael Crichton)
1st To Die (James Patterson)
The Rough Guide to Taiwan (Stephen Keeling, Brice Minnigh)
Culture Shock! Taiwan (Chris Bates, Ling-li Bates)
8 songs I could listen to over and over
Into the Great Wide Open (Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers)
Best of My Love (Eagles)
Survivor (Destiny's Child)
Lose Yourself (Eminem)
Bittersweet Symphony (The Verve)
God's Top Ten (INXS)
Wild Mountain Honey (The Steve Miller Band)
Afterglow (INXS)
8 things that attract me to my best friends
They make me laugh
They share my values
They don't expect me to be perfect
They are interesting
They are talented
They like me
They have been thru a lot of stuff with me
We have fun together
8 things I have learned this year
Adoption is a long, complicated, and difficult process
People are very uninformed about adoption
People are very curious (nosey) about adoption
I'm pretty darn tough
A raccoon comes up on our deck every night
I will probably never be skinny
I'm getting too old for roller coasters
I have a lot in common with my cousins
8 people who should do crazy 8's
If you're reading this and haven't done it yet, consider yourself tagged!
Saturday, September 22, 2007
Homework
Posted by
Mel
at
11:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Wild Mountain Honey!!! I cannot believe it! We are so related! I love ALL the songs you listed!
Stephen King, huh? Never read 'em. What do you suggest to start with. And something not too scary, I will be living alone soon!
Oh, and excellent job on your homework. A+
i'm really curious about the "what not to name your baby" book. is it a list of bad names or something? :)
Liz, it is so dumb! It lists things like serial killers and names that lend themselves to weird or naughty nicknames. Not worth the time!
Camille, there are plenty of SK books that aren't too scary. The entire Dark Tower Series is my MOST favorite SK and it's not really scary. Lisey's Story is not really scary, either.
As for Wild Mtn. Honey....girl me and that song go waaaay back. Lots of good memories involve that song.....;)
haha....for some reason, i am fascinated with baby name books. well, at least you can say you know not to name your kid charles manson :)
Post a Comment