I am a cool chick. Really. Regardless of what you may read in this post....I am NOT a geek. I am certainly not a sci-fi geek. I'm not. I'm just not!!
I admit that I am a TV junkie. I watch a lot of TV. I follow a lot of shows - comedies, dramas, reality, I'm not prejudiced...I watch a little bit of it all. I'll make you a list one day of all the shows I follow....it's sad when you think about it. But hey, what else is there to do?! I'm sure my TV-Addict days are numbered and I will not be able to follow my shows once THE KID(S) gets here, so yeah, I do realize this.
Anywho...you might have noticed the horrid gap in the TV schedule this summer. It's been awful...all of our shows are in hiatus and it's torture....there is simply nothing GOOD on right now. So...my husband had a bright idea. He wanted me to watch FIREFLY.
A little background...my husband caught this show in its first run on TV and would NOT shut up about it for WEEKS. All he could talk about was that I would love it and it was a wonderful show and it was just the kind of show I could get into...and on and on and on. BUT....the show was cancelled after just the ONE season. And uh, yeah, my husband was NOT happy. C was furious, actually. He couldn't believe the show got cancelled, it's the best thing on TV, it's genius, it's funny, full of action, great characters, innovative, unique stories, amazing music, odd settings....blah blah blah, right? So C talks about this for ages and even had "The FIREFLY DVD Set" on the top of his Christmas list last year. And yeah, I got it for him. Oh, and the movie. Turns out when the series got cancelled, they made a movie to wrap up some loose ends. He's got anything FIREFLY related set to record on TiVO...I mean, he's a little obsessed.
So with the utter lack of good TV this summer, guess what?! Yep, he talked me into watching FIREFLY with him. It was created by Joss Whedon, which tells you something right there. (If not, shame on you. Joss Whedon created/wrote the classic series Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel. Both of which I LOVE, btw.)
So here we are, 11 episodes of FIREFLY later and today we watched the last one. =( Now I, too am sad that this great piece of television lasted just a short while. I loved it, despite the fact that the very catchy theme song got stuck in my head after the first episode and now I can't stop thinking it. It's a very addictive song!! I still have the movie to look forward to, but it is depressing that our "Summer Show" has ended. I guess summer is almost over, too.
Well, I'm sorry for such a boring post. I was just sort of sad today to know that I was done with the whole FIREFLY series. What do you know.....C was right about that show from the beginning. I did love it. And I cannot get that song out of my head!
Take my love
Take my land
Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care
I'm still free
You can't take the sky from me.
Take me out
To the black
Tell 'em I ain't coming back
Burn the land and boil the sea
You can't take the sky from me.
Have no place that I can be
Since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me.
Words & Music by Joss Whedon
Performed by Sonny Rhodes.
Sunday, September 9, 2007
"You Can't Take The Sky From Me"
Posted by
Mel
at
8:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I think I am a TV junkie as well. I have been disappointed in the tv this summer. I am ready for the new shows to start. I have become addicted to Big Brother.
I wish we would have news soon.
shelley
www.letsgototaiwan.blogspot.com
This summer I have found a love for the food network....have you tried that??
Oh yeah, we should start a countdown to SAWYER!!
And also, do you wanna come to Seattle to see Kathy Griffin LIVE? Yep, I'm going in November! You should come!
Actually, you're not a Sci-Fi geek; Serenity is just an awesome show. :-)
Post a Comment