Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Return of Good TV

That's right, people, it has begun! Season Premiers are all over the place! Wooo Hooo! (But first, I should allow for a moment of silence as we recognize the passage of some of my favorite Summer TV......Big Brother, RIP. (And I mean that, 'cause it was HORRIBLE this year. And BB and I go waaaaay back to the first season. After this year, I'm not sure I can stomach it ever again.) Also, Last Comic Standing, until next year, my friend!)

So far I've enjoyed the Season Premier of Beauty and the Geek and Survivor. I also have TiVO'ed but not yet watched Kid Nation. Next week we look forward to My Name is Earl, The Office and ER. Then there's Heroes, Supernatural, Boston Legal, Brothers and Sisters, Grey's Anatomy, House, Desperate Housewives, Jericho (?), How I Met Your Mother, Medium, The Amazing Race (?). Then I'll probably add Private Practice to the list and see if it's worth watching or not. Hmmmm, what else? Oh yeah, that show whose name is unimportant but it stars 4 very hot guys. I'll have to check that out.....for the plot, of course. I'm sure I've forgotten something, but for now, these are the ones I'm planning to tune into. Hey, I told you I was an addict, it's not like I'm hiding anything from you!

Oh, so how cool is this? C and I finally watched the movie SERENITY (from the show Firefly) last weekend. My one complaint about the TV show and the movie, too, is that I found it difficult a lot of times to understand some of the dialogue. There always seemed to be a lot of background noise and then the characters also tended to mumble. Plus, C says I can't hear very well.....but what does he know? So I had to have C stop the movie at times and replay a scene so I could understand the dialogue. Anywho, I was saying during the movie that it would really help if I just had a script to go by and I'd follow along as the movie played. Well, today C GAVE ME THE SCRIPT!!!! It is sooooo cool!!! The title page is signed (well, it is a copy of a signed one.) It is the actual script with all the stage directions & directions as to how the lines were to be delivered & stuff.....VERY VERY COOL!!!!!! How great is my husband? Seriously.....just a really neat thing to have! My Man is so good to me. He is so great at picking up on little things like that, something I said as a half-joke and I instantly forgot. But he didn't forget....he's so sweet! Wasn't I smart to marry HIM?!

1 comment:

Camille said...

Awww. that is adorable. I knew I liked him.

And good for you. Celebrate that TV addiction!